Hello! This is a post dedicated to all readers, especially readers of women's fiction and chick lit. Authors wouldn't be able to write books in these amazing genres without the strength of dedicated readers.
As a writer, it is SO important to me that readers really enjoy my books. When I write, I too, get so invested in my characters and what they are about: their personalities, likes, emotions, drama. And if my readers are on board with them, it makes all the difference. It is one thing for me to spend time with my characters in my head but to have other people relate to them, like them, and feel for them is a pretty cool feeling.
In addition to writing a good story, it really is all about the readers. If writers just wrote for themselves we would keep diaries and be done with it. To my readers here is what I hope:
1) Becoming Mrs. Walsh moves at a fast pace. I don't want anyone to feel bogged down in pointless details or lengthy/annoying prose.
2) Becoming Mrs. Walsh offers an escape, a chance to take a time-out from the real world and get lost in a good book.
3) Becoming Mrs. Walsh has characters you can identify with, either people you know, seen, or just happen to like.
4) Becoming Mrs. Walsh holds your interest not only during the book, but after you are finished.
5) Becoming Mrs. Walsh leaves you feeling both satisfied but curious as to what will happen next. A good book should have the perfect balance of keeping you on your toes but answering important questions.
If I succeeded in these 5 things, then I will be VERY happy. It is a tall order, but I hope I achieved it. I didn't want to publish the book unless I felt like it would be worth your time.
For all of those who are reading or read Becoming Mrs. Walsh I am so grateful for your time. Truly, it means so much.
Please feel free to email me whenever: email@example.com. I love hearing from readers. Or if you prefer to post anonymously I am okay with that too. :) To review on Amazon is pretty simple, just log-in to your account and rate away.
Thanks readers! You are the best!
Becoming Mrs. Walsh I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Xo.